Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge welcomed its first guests in 1999 and was refurbished with an emphasis on environmental enhancement and sustainability in November 2014. What exists today is a luxurious yet warm, historic yet modern and wonderfully rambling lodge surrounded by lush native gardens and river views.
After a busy day of exploring our unique and special island, the saltwater pool and sauna are great ways to wind down.
Our award-winning Reflections Restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner and specialises in the finest local produce plus the adjacent bar has a terrace area plus open fireplace inside; it’s the perfect place to enjoy a chat and a glass of your favourite.
The Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge is committed to environmental sustainability through a range of initiatives:
• Preservation of 4 acres of native vegetation
• Solar power
• Rainwater harvesting and storage
• Established gardens and shrubs for local birdlife and wildlife including the rare and endangered Glossy Black Cockatoos
• Low food miles through our onsite herb and edible flower garden (these are used in the restaurant)
• Recycle food scraps, in particular our fish scraps through our Pelican feeding experience
• Worm farm
Stay in touch and connected to all the news and happenings